The "Cranberry" Mystic Rapture in stained glass kaleidoscope is handcrafted by Steve and Peggy Kittelson of Woodland Designs. This particular kaleidoscope has a wonderful blend of colors in the stained Glass. A slumped cranberry glass exterior is joined with a matching eyepiece through the traditional stained glass technique of copper foil, ensuring sealed, secure mirror system placement inside the scope. Please be mindful that the high-grade acrylics of the object cell casing could be damaged by excessive heat, which can be caused by Halogen lighting. Protect your stained glass kaleidoscope from heat, and it will provide you with many years of wonder!
• Kaleidoscope barrel measures 9 1/2" long with a 2 1/8" diameter
• The interior object cell holds lampworked glass that flows smoothly in the oil cell
• A classic 2-mirror system creates around mandala image into the side lit object chamber
• Each stained glass kaleidoscope is signed and dated by the artists
• The colors inside and out are harmoniously relaxing and gently invigorating, featuring Aventurine Gold glass and glittering flecks of dichroic glass!
• A solid walnut base with cork feet and a black suede lining is included! Base is 4 7/8" long, 2 1/2" wide and 5/8" tall is also included
• Made and signed and dated by the Artists "Peggy and Steve Kittelson 2016"
• This is indeed a special Piece. This one was picked for its special cell and precise mirror system and beautiful and harmonious colors inside the object cell. Even Nicer in Person.
Matt ordered a Blue Mystic rapture and wrote back "that is one nice kaleidoscope... I wish I could keep it for myself. I must have spent 3 hours looking into it last night... I have had a nice time teasing her with what the Christmas gift could be (recall she had a $5 one and she had told me that she always looked at kaleidoscopes when she was a kid). she thinks the gift is anything from a soccer ball to having something to do with her height... I have been very misleading AND she cant wait - so I am letting her pick have the gift tonight... hahaha. I know where to get my next kaleidoscope, but it won't is for awhile. thanks, happy holidays!"