Whether you wear this golden beauty as a kaleidoscope pendant around your neck, or kaleidoscope charm on your bracelet, it’s going to be hard to not take your eyes off it! The Gold Lotus from the Healy’s is a gold kaleidoscope necklace that catches the light and shines oh-so-bright. Holding the kaleidoscope is made easy with two small dots of gold. Simply grasp it between your thumb and index finger, and easily turn the kaleidoscope round-and-round. Alternately, you can hold the kaleidoscope pendant by the collar.
• Kaleidoscope pendant is approximately 1” long and 3/8” in diameter
• Gold vermeil (24 Karat)finish over sterling silver
• 2-mirror system; dry cell object chamber
• Optical magnification lens creates a larger-than-life image inside!
• Vibrantly colored Swarovski crystals inside
• 30” box chain with a secure lobster claw clasp included
• Made in the USA by Kevin and Deborah Healy
... as to the gold vermeil. This is an interesting process indeed.
Here is what I understand about the process.
The kaleidoscope itself is cast first in Sterling silver then it is plated in 24 Karat Gold. We have asked our artist Friends Kevin and Deborah What Karrat they like to use and it has been as high as 30 K and lowest was 18 K but most lastest have been in the 24 Karrat.