Vintage pheasant kaleidoscope by Artist Ralph Olson.
Groovy Series was the name of this series Ralph produced during the last years of his 20 years of production.
Ralph was a native Omaha Nebraska area artist. His business was called the Platte River kaleidoscope Company.
The exterior is made of a nicely embroidered pheasant on the one side on a tan colored leather. The groovy material is wood with a laminated Formica material. The eyepiece is a place laminate material such as a black Formica and signed by the artist "Ralph Olson"The oil cell is nicely made and filled with found objects Beads a copper safety pin. fairly sparse filled cell but it makes each intricate piece more precious and you have time to study the bead in the image
The mirror system is a 2 mirror and the image is really nice precise 7 point star.
Great Gift idea.
• Vintage kaleidoscope is in wonderful condition.
• This scope stands 10 1/4" tall. The eyepiece is 2 5/8" in diameter and the cell end is 3 5/8" in diameter.
• 2 mirror System 7 point star
• Separate turning oil filled cell
• Signed By The artist Ralph Olson