Cranberry and Purple Glass lovers this kaleidoscope is for you - these stained glass kaleidoscopes are as rich and wonderful as they come! The "Mystic Rapture" in Purple and Cranberry Dec 2018 stained glass kaleidoscope is handcrafted by Steve and Peggy Kittelson of Woodland Designs. A slumped purple/cranberry glass was selected and joined with a matching eyepiece through the traditional stained glass technique of copper foil, ensuring sealed, secure mirror system placement inside the scope. Please be mindful that the high-grade acrylics of the object cell casing could be damaged by excessive heat, which can be caused by Halogen lighting. Protect your stained glass kaleidoscope from heat, and it will provide you with many years of wonder!
• Measures 9 1/2" long with a 2 1/8" diameter
• The interior object cell holds the lampworked glass that flows smoothly in the oil cell
• A classic 2-mirror system creates a 7-point star mandala within the side lit object chamber
• Each stained glass kaleidoscope is signed and dated by the artists
• The colors inside and out are harmoniously relaxing and gently invigorating, featuring cranberry glass, Aventurine Gold glass and glittering flecks of dichroic glass!
• A solid walnut base with cork feet and a black suede lining is included! The base is 4 7/8" long, 2 1/2" wide and 5/8" tall is also included
• Made by Peggy and Steve Kittelson
• Super Special one as the mirror system and colors inside and out are so harmonious and beautiful. Even more beautiful in person.
Matt ordered a Blue Mystic rapture and wrote back "that is one nice kaleidoscope... i wish i could keep it for myself. i must have spent 3 hours looking into it last night... i have had a nice time teasing her with what the Christmas gift could be (recall she had a $5 one and she had told me that she always looked at kaleidoscopes when she was a kid). she thinks the gift is anything from a soccer ball to having something to do with her height... i have been very misleading AND she cant wait - so i am letting her pick have the gift tonight... hahaha. i know where to get my next kaleidoscope, but it wont be for awhile. thanks happy holidays!"